Account Strategist (Remote)
Hello, fellow creative! Despite the economic downturn and mass layoffs in the tech industry, our agency is growing and we're looking for an experienced Account Strategist (remote) with a proven ability to guide clients on their digital marketing journey.
This is a remote position; however, you're welcome to work at our HQ in downtown Victoria if you prefer. If hired you'll need to come to our Victoria office for 1 week of onboarding and training.
You have a passion for digital marketing, analytics and inside sales. You understand omni channel branding and customer acquisition strategy for established B2B tech brands. You can also switch gears and guide a startup from no web presence to the first customer. You're obsessed with analytics, attribution and the customer journey and you'll use this data to make strategic recommendations to clients to help them start and scale brand awareness and demand generation. You use data to deliver strategic recommendations and you're not afraid to pitch and upsell current clients on One Net's growing list of services. Most importantly, you're proactive and service-oriented and you place enormous value on proactive relationship management and helping our clients succeed.
Not quite what you're after? Have a look at other positions open at One Net.
What you’ll do
At its core, your job is to identify opportunities for our current clients to increase brand awareness, leads and customers. You'll then pitch the client on relevant services from One Net. This is a proactive, self-driven role meaning the client won't be asking for these services. As such, it will be your job to identify growth opportunities and create pitches to convince our clients why we're best equipped to execute on your recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to help our clients grow their brand and increase leads across multiple channels including SEO, content marketing, paid media, social, influencer, email and affiliate
- Proactively pitch growth ideas to clients using data, competitor analysis and market trends. E.g., explain how ChatGPT opens the door for high-velocity blogging. E.g., show how Netflix's new free tier opens the door for pre-roll video ads. E.g., explain how Google's "helpful content system update" opens the door for topical SEO. E.g., show the client they're paying $3,700 per lead from LinkedIn Ads and recommend more cost-effective advertising channels
- Monitor keyword position and provide recommendations for improving rankings
- Monitor social activity of competitors and provide recommendations for improving social presence
- Monitor paid media activity of competitors and provide recommendations for optimizing ad spend
- Monitor conversion rates against industry benchmarks and make recommendations for improving CR
- Monitor Search Console for website issues and provide recommendations for improving site performance
- Use analytics and heat mapping (Hotjar) to make strategic recommendations for improving engagement and conversions
- Suggest and organize A/B and multi-variative tests for conversion optimization
- Review paid media campaigns (G Ads, Meta, Amazon, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn) and identify wasted ad spend and growth opportunities
- Help clients make sense of their MarTech stack. E.g., help clients identify what keywords drive MQLs. E.g., show clients how many touchpoints a prospect has before completing a lead form
- Prepare and confidently present beautiful proposals
- Conduct proactive quarterly check-ins to ensure the things we make (videos, sites, campaigns) are generating results for our clients
- Work with legal to get SOWs and agreements in place
- Work with Directors and Producers to ensure the team is clear on the scope of work, timelines and launch dates
- Keep pace with Producer to ensure you clearly understand where each project is at
- Participate in discovery calls with the sales team
- Participate in the weekly operators meeting and daily standups
Our digital marketing team is fluent in:
- Google Marketing Platform (including GA4)
- Google Search Console
- Paid media: Google Ads, Meta Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, YouTube Ads, programmatic
- Heat Mapping: Hotjar
- CRM & Automation: Hubspot, SalesForce, MailChimp, Sharpspring, AirTable
- Google Workspace
- CMS: Webflow, Editor X, WordPress, Contentful, Strapi
What you’ve got
There are many fantastic marketers out there driving growth for local brick n' mortars, ecommerce stores and tourism. If you happen to be one of these talented marketers, but you lack experience with software and tech products, you're likely not a fit for us. We strongly recommend that you view our work to get a sense of the clients we work with. Here's what we're after.
- 5+ years experience working at an agency, or a product company, as an account manager, marketing manager, growth marketer, inside sales or similar
- Proven fundamentals in all digital marketing channels
- Mastery of analytics and attribution
- Ability to make strategic marketing recommendations based on data
- Understanding of website technology and martech stacks
- A passion for learning new technology
- Proven ability to get in front of decision makers. We work with high-growth tech companies and we're remote. It takes persistence to get in front of decision makes even for clients that have already hired us
- Strong presentation and consultative selling (inside sales) skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members which includes internal and client teams
An asset, but not required:
- Polite persistence
- Grasp on GA4 including Libraries
- Canva design skills: working from beautiful templates
- Dashboard creation: Google Data Studio, MixPanel
Minimum salary is $70k + performance bonuses + profit sharing. Total compensation package will be commensurate with skills, experience and attitude.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 15 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, Google and SteelSeries, but we also love to work with innovative start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in web 3, climate tech, media, med tech, video games, ecommerce and even hardware. See some of our work here.
One Net offers:
- Exciting clients and a changing landscape
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Great benefits: dental, optometry, paramedical
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)
- Health living allowance
- Self education allowance
- A paid week off during the holidays (not counted as vacation)
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented and collaborative environment
- Quarterly group activities and an annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time employment position. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect. Please note, if you don't have prior experience with software, tech or media companies then this role is not a fit for you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Account Strategist” Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. Emails with incorrect subject lines might not be read by our HR team.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors in the areas of virtual assistants, design, illustration, web development, and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.