Agency Copywriter - Web & Video
Hello, fellow creative! Our agency is expanding, and we're looking for a talented agency copywriter with a strong background in writing for web and video in high tech industries.
This position is open to remote work. Or, you can join us in our Victoria, BC office.
While you’ll primarily deal in words, you'll also play a key role in each project’s success by participating in team concepting and staying on pace in a high production environment.
What you'll do
Working within One Net's highly refined process, you will...
Lead strategy by:
- Using creative briefs and brand guidelines to set content strategies and IA for websites and mobile apps
- Contributing copy ideas in creative concepting sessions with the design & marketing teams
- Conducting client and customer interviews to inform content strategy and sales narrative for websites, videos, and ad campaigns
- Performing competitor and audience research to inform content strategy and IA
- Studying Google Analytics and other heat mapping tools to inform IA and content strategy
- Performing SEO keyword research
- Creating sitemaps and IA diagrams
- Presenting content strategy, including IA, confidently to clients
Execute strategy by:
- Writing pages for websites in highly organized and code-ready Figma files
- Writing marketing materials, such as sales presentations and data sheets
- Writing long form content like blog posts and case studies
- Participating in the website QA process. Content QA is critical
- Writing screens for web and mobile applications
- Writing digital ad units based on approved concepts
- Writing scripts for videos including sizzle, onboarding, and demo videos
- Efficiently managing your priorities to ensure project timeline and due dates are met
- Clearly communicating, well in advance, dependencies or missing assets/resources and problems that might prevent you from achieving your milestones and due dates
Tools our copywriters are fluent in:
- Web docs: Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Presentation software: Canva, PowerPoint, Google Slides
- CMS: Webflow, Contentful, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Zoom & Google Meet
What you've got
We are committed to training; however, candidates must demonstrate a clear understanding of the differences between content writing and copywriting. Here are the skills you'll need to be successful at this position. If you don't meet 100% of this criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
- A college or university diploma or degree in Business, English, or Humanities
- Some experience writing conversion-oriented copy (even for your own project)
- A command of the English language
- Ability to listen and follow briefs
- Proven ability to adhere to brand and voice guidelines
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical B2B software products; particularly in AI, dev ops, security, web 3 and big data
- A disciplined approach to managing your own projects
- Attention to detail and immaculate file organization
- A basic understanding of conversion rate optimization
- Experience working inside of content management systems
- Experience in keyword research and a basic understanding of on-page SEO
- Knowing when to apply the old Oxford Comma
An asset, but not required:
- A keen interest in positioning and branding
- A love for storytelling
- Experience in conversion optimization
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress, Webflow, Contentful, and Mailchimp
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, SteelSeries and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, dev ops, data science, web 3, application security, MedTech and video games. See some of our work here.
We’re proud of our culture, and consider everybody part of our work fam. We have monthly team outings, quarterly parties, unlimited snacks, pets in the office, required vacation—and even the occasional happy hour (read: Hey Alexa, play 90’s hits). The list is actually longer, but we don’t want to spill all of our secrets.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. We have physical distancing in place and frequent sanitization to keep everyone safe.
One Net offers:
- Exciting clients and a changing landscape
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Great benefits: dental, optometry, paramedical
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)
- Health living allowance
- Self education allowance
- A paid week off during the holidays (not counted as vacation)
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented and collaborative environment
- Quarterly group activities and an annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: This is a full time salaried position in Victoria, BC. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Agency Copywriter - Web & Video". Emails with a different subject line will not be routed to HR hiring and risk not being seen. Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors (freelancers) in the areas of design, illustration, animation, web development, and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.