Brand Designer & Illustrator
Hello, fellow creative! Our team is expanding, and we're looking for a talented Brand Designer & Illustrator with a proven ability to create brand identities and illustrative visual brand assets for tech products.
You have a passion for defining and communicating what’s next in technology. You have a knack for creating visual assets to communicate value propositions and key benefits for highly complex tech products in the areas of AI, big data, FinTech, blockchain, gaming and enterprise ecommerce. To put things into perspective, many of the clients that we create brand identities for don't have an interface. You can back up your work with research and strong rationale, and work with our visual and motion designers to bring your brand assets to life on the web.
In office is preferred; however, remote employment will be considered for candidates with exceptional fit.
Not quite what you're after? Have a look at other design and creative positions open at One Net.
What you’ll do
- Create distinctive brand identities and assets including illustrations, design systems, and visual communications that can visualize very new technology
- Build branding and illustrations out across presentations, social media, and more
- Prepare final deliverables with attention to detail in formats for both web and print
- Work efficiently to manage priorities and stay in front of deadlines
- Apply design thinking to the broader context of the brand and project scope
- Provide vision and direction on motion design and illustrations
- Assist with creating web designs (page layouts) that follow best practices and responsive design principles
- Participate in team concept sessions, design reviews, and prepare for client deliveries
- Collaborate with the project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate & solve challenges
Our creative team is fluent in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Figma / Sketch
- G Suite / Google Workspace
- Webflow and Editor X
What you’ve got
There are many fantastic brand designers out there with beautiful portfolios for CPG, food and beverage, and hospitality. If you happen to be one of these talented creatives, but you lack tech products in your portfolio, you're likely not a fit for us. We strongly recommend that you view our Case Studies to get a sense of the clients we work with. Here's what we're after.
- 2+ years experience working at an agency, product company, or as a freelancer, plus a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills with high tech products
- Versatility in illustration styles
- A passion for new technology and figuring out how things work (and visualizing it)
- Strong knowledge of colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- You get excited about how content and design play together
- A love of grid-based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A love for working with teams; culture and attitude is a big part of our agency
- Confidence in communicating design decisions with solid rationale to team members and clients. We love a great presentation (we hope you do too!)
An asset, but not required:
- Experience with UI or product design
- An understanding of After Effects
- Experience with low-code platforms like Webflow
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WebGL
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, data science application security, video game software and hardware. See some of our work here.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitization in place to keep everyone safe.
One Net offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Annual education allowance
- Annual bonuses
- An organization with strong core values
- A team-oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities and an annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time employment position. After passing probation and establishing a productive cadence with the team, it is possible to work remotely 1-2 days per week. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Brand Designer & Illustrator.” Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. Emails with incorrect subject lines might not be read by our HR team.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors in the areas of virtual assistants, design, illustration, web development, and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.