Brand & UI Designer (Remote)
Hello, fellow creative! Our team is expanding, and we're looking for a talented Brand & UI Designer (remote) with a proven ability to create brand identities, visual brand assets, and atomic design systems for tech companies and products.
This is a remote position; however, you're welcome to work at our HQ in downtown Victoria if you prefer.
On the brand design side, you have a passion for defining and communicating what’s next in technology. You have a knack for creating visual assets to communicate value propositions and key benefits for highly complex tech products in the areas of Web 3, blockchain, AI, XR, big data, security, FinTech, HealthTech, gaming, Metaverse, ecommerce and even hardware. To put things into perspective, many of the clients that we create brand identities for don't have an interface. You can back up your work with research and strong rationale, and work with our illustrators and motion designers to bring your brand assets to life on the web.
On the UI design side, you have an interest in atomic design as it pertains to websites (not product interfaces). Your mind works in design systems and you carry forward your branding work to create reusable UI components for highly interactive (and animated) marketing sites.
Not quite what you're after? Have a look at other design and creative positions open at One Net.
What you’ll do
- Create unique brand identities including logos, color palettes, typography, icons, and illustrations. Often working from only a name and rudimentary sales deck.
- Create brand guidelines (aka brand books) that our clients can follow to create consistent marketing and sales collateral with their internal team
- Create atomic design systems based on your branding work
- Assist with creating web designs (page layouts) that follow best practices and responsive design principles
- Create illustrations to support brand identities and design systems
- Write design briefs for junior designers
- Document design including PDF, Google Slides and Canva
- Work efficiently to manage priorities and stay in front of deadlines
- Provide vision and direction on motion design and illustration (if outsourced)
- Participate in team concept sessions, design reviews, and prepare for client deliveries
- Collaborate with the project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate & solve challenges
Our creative team is fluent in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- G Suite (now Google Workspace)
- Webflow and Editor X
What you’ve got
There are many fantastic brand designers out there with beautiful portfolios for CPG, food and beverage, and hospitality. If you happen to be one of these talented creatives, but you lack tech products in your portfolio, you're likely not a fit for us. We strongly recommend that you view our Case Studies to get a sense of the clients we work with. Here's what we're after.
- 3+ years experience working at an agency, product company, or as a freelancer, plus a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills with software products
- Versatility in illustration styles
- A passion for new technology and figuring out how things work (and visualizing it)
- Strong knowledge of colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- You get excited about how content and design play together
- A love of grid-based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A love for working with teams; culture and attitude is a big part of our agency
- Confidence in communicating design decisions with solid rationale to team members and clients. We love a great presentation (we hope you do too!)
- Desire to grow into a Senior Design or Art Director position
An asset, but not required:
- Illustration skills (2D & 3D)
- An understanding of After Effects and motion design
- Experience with low-code platforms like Webflow
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WebGL
Minimum salary is $65k. Total compensation package will be commensurate with skills, experience and attitude.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, Google and SteelSeries, but we also love to work with innovative start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in Web 3, blockchain, AI, XR, big data, FinTech, security, HealthTech, gaming, Metaverse, ecommerce and even hardware. See some of our work here.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. If you prefer to work in the office, we have physical distancing and frequent sanitization in place to keep everyone safe.
One Net offers:
- A change in scenery. Multiple clients in innovative tech sectors who respect the value we provide
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Profit sharing
- Annual education allowance
- An organization with strong core values
- A team-oriented collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities and an annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location (optional)
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time employment position.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Brand & UI Designer.” Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. Emails with incorrect subject lines might not be read by our HR team.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors in the areas of virtual assistants, design, illustration, web development, and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.