The Interface Designer is responsible for creating prototypes and executing high fidelity interface designs for web, mobile and desktop apps. At One Net our UI is focused on user onboarding and conversion.
From the lens of onboarding and conversion, you'll work with clients to ensure users have an exceptional experience when they first arrive into a site or app. You'll continue to improve the experience throughout the user's trial in collaboration with other team members.
We work on interactive sites for films and music as well as enterprise software apps primarily targeted at B2B users. Needless to say, you'll never be bored. The Interface Designer will work under the direction of the Creative Director.
- Engage in creative concept sessions with design, marketing, and CX teams
- Contribute your ideas, and UI solutions, during the ideation phase
- Create user flow charts and use case diagrams
- Prototype Concepts with a high attention to detail
- Design multi-state interface screens
- Work with developers (internal and external) to communicate and refine UI designs
- Create highly organized (code-ready) files using InDesign and Sketch
- Participate in the QA process
- Efficiently managing your priorities, ensuring project timelines and due dates are met
- Clearly communicate (well in advance) dependencies, or missing assets / resources, or problems that might prevent you from achieving your milestones and due dates
- Write and contribute to design and usability related blog posts
Primary Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of UI experience in web and mobile
- Hands on experience with web design, mobile design or digital advertising design
- A disciplined approach to managing your own projects
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of UI and UX design best practices
- Proven ability to adhere to brand guides and UI style guides
- Experience with tools such as Figma or Sketch
- High proficiency in image / icon sourcing and knowledge of popular libraries such as Thinkstock, iStock and Shutterstock
- Proven knowledge of responsive grid-based design
- Attention to detail and immaculate file organization
Nice to Have:
The following skills and experience are not considered essential; however, preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- BA or equivalent education from design or technology program
- Digital illustration skills
- Experience in iOS and Android design and SDKs
- Comfortable with copywriting
- Active participation in the design community
Why One Net?
Joining an agency gives you exposure to a variety of projects and a great team environment.
Freelancers often join our team to work collaboratively with other talented designers, developers, copywriters and marketers in the same room. Some team members have come to us from the startup world looking for security, sane hours, and a larger variety of projects. Others have joined us from large tech companies where innovation and agility often take a back seat to bureaucracy. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, flex time, educational funding, and other job perks.
How to Apply
Superstar team players are welcome to apply. Superstar attitudes need not apply. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Interface Designer”. Include links to personal web projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. All applicants will receive a response.