Mobile Developer : Java + Swift (Remote)
This job posting is for our portfolio company Hipster Bait Ltd. This is a full time job.
Hipster Bait is an interactive, music discovery game for mobile. We’re on a mission to bring back dangerous rock n’ roll and we need a rock-loving, senior level mobile developer to join our team. Are you also in a band? Awesome.
We'd prefer to have you join us in the Victoria office, however, we're also open to remote. You’ll be joining a small team of passionate creatives, not a group of stuffy corporates who speak in acronyms. Check us out at https://hipsterbait.com/about.
What you’ll do
- Master the existing code bases (Java / Swift)
- Add features to Hipster Bait apps on iOS and Android
- You’ll be working in tight collaboration with our Senior Web Developer and our Creative Director
- Over time, as we grow, you’ll have the opportunity to lead our mobile development team which will consist of dedicated engineers for both iOS and Android
Tools our Mobile Dev team is fluent in:
- Swift + Java
- Gitflow & Github
- Figma and Sketch for retrieving design assets
- Google Play and TestFlight for deploying test builds
What you’ve got
- 5+ years of proven mobile development experience building native apps for both Android and iOS
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Solid communication skills
- Experience working with GitFlow & Github - we’d love to see some code you’ve written
- A firm grasp and respect for unit and regression testing
- Experience launching apps/builds containing in-app purchases into the app stores
An asset, but not required:
- Experience with Apple’s In-App Purchase SDK
- Experience with Google and Apple’s AR kits
- Know that an “axe” is both an axe and a guitar (f**k you Gene)
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why Hipster Bait?
We're an artist-focused company that is committed to creating unconventional, gamified experiences to help artists in the music industry grow and monetize their audiences internationally. Hipster Bait is our first app and we have plans to create more to help artists get discovered. You'll be getting in on the ground floor.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. Working from our small office is preferred, but optional. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitation in place to keep everyone safe.
Hipster Bait offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- A fast moving innovative consumer product environment
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients (including artists)
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
One Net screens all candidates for Hipster Bait. Do not email your resume to Hipster Bait.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Mobile Developer”. Include links to personal projects in technology or art in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. If including links to mobile apps in your resume, double check to ensure the links work. We will install the app(s) as part of our screening process.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. Hipster Bait will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.