We’re open to full or part time opportunities with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate. While you’ll primarily deal in grinding pixels, you'll also play a key role in each project’s success by participating in team concepting and staying on pace in a high production environment. Our small but mighty agency has been at it for 13 years with the name drops to prove it. Our heart (and office) is in Victoria, but our clients (and wallet) are in the Silicon Valley. We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, Kik, Uber, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative start-ups building a range of disruptive technologies in the B2B and entertainment spaces.
What you'll do
The following skills and experience are not considered essential; however, preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Participate in team concepting sessions, design reviews, and prepare for client deliveries
- Create engaging web designs that follow best practices and responsive design principles
- Create original graphic designs for a mix of digital and print collateral
- Design brand collateral, presentations, whitepapers, and custom graphic assets with a high focus on layout & polish
- Apply design thinking to the broader context of the brand and project scope
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate & solve challenges
What you've got
- 3-5 years of experience as a production designer who thrives in high volume workflows and has experience in a creative environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates your web, graphic, and layout design abilities
- Senior level layout, colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- Experience with high production workflows and mastery of industry standard tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Docs, Powerpoint)
- A love of grid based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A deep understanding of content strategy and a passion for storytelling
- Communication pro with the ability to support design decisions with solid rationale
- Comfortable with client briefs that lead to more curious questions than answers
We’re proud of our culture and consider everybody part of our work fam. We have monthly team outings, quarterly parties, unlimited snacks, pets in the office, required vacation—and even the occasional happy hour (read: Hey Alexa, play 90’s hits). The list is actually longer, but we don’t want to spill all of our secrets.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. Working from our small office is preferred, but optional. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitation in place to keep everyone safe.
How to Apply
Superstar team players are welcome to apply. Superstar attitudes need not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Production Copywriter”. Include links to personal web projects and/or portfolio in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email.
All applicants will receive a response.