Hello fellow creative! Our team is expanding and we're looking for a talented Visual Designer with a proven ability to create brand identities, vector illustrations, presentations, digital ads, and web layouts.
You have a passion for defining and communicating what’s next in technology, and can switch between design tasks and software with confidence. You will be working with the creative team from start to finish on a variety of design projects while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution.
What you’ll do
- Create distinctive brand identities and assets including illustrations, design systems, and visual communications that can visualize very new technology
- Build branding and illustrations out across presentations, social media and more
- Work efficiently to manage priorities and stay in front of deadlines
- Apply design thinking to the broader context of the brand and project scope
- Provide illustrations and brand assets to our motion design team and collaborate on web animations and video production (After Effects chops? Bonus!)
- Assist with creating web designs (page layouts) that follow best practices and responsive design principles
- Participate in team concepting sessions, design reviews, and prepare for client deliveries
- Collaborate with the project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate & solve challenges
Our creative team is fluent in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- G Suite / Google Workspace
- Webflow or similar
What you’ve got
- 4+ years experience working at an agency, product company, or as a freelancer, plus a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills
- Versatility in illustration styles
- A passion for new technology and figuring out how things work (and visualising it)
- Strong knowledge of colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- You get excited about how content and design play together
- A love of grid-based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A love for working with teams; culture and attitude is a big part of our agency
- Confidence in communicating design decisions with solid rationale to team members and clients. We love a great presentation (we hope you do too!)
An asset, but not required:
- Experience with UI or product design
- An understanding of After effects
- The ability to create / modify 3D illustrations
- Experience with low-code platforms like Webflow, or knowledge of HTML & CSS
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, data science application security, video game software and hardware. See some of our work here.
One Net offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Annual education allowance
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities / Annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time employment position. We prefer that you work from our office in Victoria, BC, however, remote will be considered for the right candidate. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Visual Designer”. Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors in the areas of virtual assistants, design, illustration, web development and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.