Hello, fellow creative! Our team is expanding, and we're looking for a talented Visual Designer to add to our team.
We are looking for a passionate designer who enjoys a wide range of digital design and can bring solid design thinking to a variety of design challenges. A Visual Designer at One Net will work on brand identities, web designs, ad campaigns, presentations, and assets for motion in video and web projects.
You should have a passion for defining and communicating what’s next in technology and enjoy creating visual assets to communicate value propositions and features of highly complex technical products (e.g. AI, big data, ecomm, gaming, blockchain, metaverse).
One Net is a highly collaborative environment where no two days look alike.
In office is preferred; however, remote employment will be considered for candidates with exceptional fit.
What you’ll do
- Create responsive web layouts that bring a narrative to life
- Create distinctive brand identities and assets including illustrations, design systems, and visual communications that can bring life and clarity to new technology
- Create presentations, digital ads, and video assets with a wow-factor
- Apply design thinking to the broader context of the brand and project scope
- Provide ideas and direction on micro-interactions and motion design (web & video)
- Participate in team concept sessions, design reviews, and prepare for client deliveries
- Collaborate with the project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate & solve challenges
- Work efficiently to manage priorities and stay in front of deadlines
What you’ve got
- Experience working at an agency, product company, or as a freelancer and a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills.
- Education or training in design, design thinking, marketing etc.
- Illustration or graphic design skills or a combo of both
- A passion for new technology and figuring out how things work (and visualizing it)
- Strong knowledge of colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- You get excited about how content and design play together
- A love of grid-based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A love for working with teams; culture and attitude are a big part of our agency
- Confidence in communicating design decisions with solid rationale to team members and clients. We love a great presentation (we hope you do too!)
An asset, but not required:
- Versatility in illustration styles
- 3D illustration skills
- Experience with UI or product design
- After Effects experience
- Experience with low-code platforms like Webflow or Editor X
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Web
Our creative team is fluent in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Figma / Sketch
- G Suite / Google Workspace
- Webflow and Editor X
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Steel Series, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, data science application security, and video game software and hardware. See some of our work here.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitization in place to keep everyone safe as well as a flexible remote-optional work environment.
One Net offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Wellness allowance
- Annual education allowance
- Annual bonuses
- An organization with strong core values
- A team-oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities and an annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
We are looking to fill a full-time employment position. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “ Visual Designer.” Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email. Emails with incorrect subject lines might not be read by our HR team.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors in the areas of design, illustration, web development, and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.