Website Project Manager
Hello fellow creator! Our team is expanding and we're looking for a talented Website Project Manager to manage full website projects from client onboarding through to delivery.
You have a passion for creating beautiful websites that perform like conversion machines. You love unblocking team members and you take pride in a well organized Gantt chart. Your are friendly with clients but also assertive. You're not afraid to push clients for decisions or stay on top of team members to ensure they're on track to complete their milestones. Your emails are friendly and your requests to clients are crystal clear. You're great at facilitating client calls as well as internal jam (brainstorm) sessions and you love seeing great work go live on the web. You get a weird sense of satisfaction when your video call has perfect audio and the screen share actually worked! Most importantly, you know how to resource a project to keep it on track and within budget.
What you’ll do
- Work with creative and digital teams to plan project timelines, milestones and delivery schedules
- Create Gantt Charts for projects related to branding, websites, videos and advertising campaigns
- Organize and manage post-delivery sprints for the above project types
- Ensure creative and marketing team members are not blocked from achieving their tasks
- Work directly with clients to gather materials related to brand assets, sales collateral and product specs
- Work directly with clients to ensure they streamline requests and adhere to our processes
- Schedule and facilitate video calls related to client-stakeholder interviews, product knowledge and client presentations
- Participate in daily standup meetings to articulate your priorities and unblock team members
- Work with the finance team to track project budgets and expenses (project P&Ls)
- Create and manage tickets for team members
- Organize folders and files within Google Drive and Figma
- Help place content into websites via CMS interfaces (Webflow, Contentful, WordPress, etc)
- Support the sales team with call scheduling, proposal delivery and follow-ups
- Support the legal team with Statement of Work drafting
Tools our Project Managers are fluent in:
- Gantt charts (we use teamgantt.com)
- Zoom & Google Meet
- Google Drive
- Figma (from a project management perspective)
- Google Docs & Google Sheets
- ActiveCollab (task management)
What you’ve got
- 2+ years of practical experience managing website and/or digital marketing projects
- Meticulous file organization
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- A proven knack for polite persistence. In other words, proactive follow through with clients to ensure we receive the info / assets / calls needs to be successful in our projects
- A basic understanding of technical terms used in web design and development such as "asset", "CSS", "scroll lock", "sprint", "dependencies", "staging", "API" and "Git".
An asset, but not required:
- An interest in storytelling
- Experience with low-code platforms like Webflow, or knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress, Webflow, Contentful and MailChimp
- And interest in learning how creative things get coded and transcoded
- An interest in learning how things on the web talk to each other (IoT, APIs, micro services)
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, data science application security, video game software and hardware. See some of our work here.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. Working from our small office is preferred, but optional. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitation in place to keep everyone safe.
One Net offers
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Annual education allowance
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities / Annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time in office position. Our office is in Victoria BC. employment position. The otpion to work remote a few days per week is an option once you establish a cadence with the team. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Digital Producer”. Include links to personal projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors (freelancers) in the areas of virtual assistants, design, illustration, web development and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.