Web Designer / Webflow Designer
Hello future-forward creative! Our team is expanding and we're looking for a talented web designer with a proven ability to design in Figma (Sketch); and a working knowledge and a growing love for low-code environments like Webflow.
In addition to your web design and low-code development work, you’ll also work in ideation and concepting for marketing sites, and help pitch design concepts to clients. You’ll also be involved in technical problem solving, proposals and testing new design tools for potential adoption into the agency’s workflow. You’ll help design and build reusable UI components and symbols that can be repurposed in Webflow and other low-code environments.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (copywriter, motion designer, illustrator, visual designer and developer) on concepts and execution of concepts
- Contribute conceptual ideas based on a brief and deep research (provided to you) that are creative, often highly interactive and functional
- Apply design thinking to the broader context of the brand and project scope
- Design web layouts using Figma
- Work with distinctive brand assets including color palettes, fonts, icons, illustrations, photography and copy
- Help to implement web designs using low-code web creation tools such as Webflow
- QA coded pages to ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Help improve SaaS onboarding experiences with friendly UI design and onboarding best practices. Most our clients are selling SaaS products and need help optimizing their signup flows
- Review analytics and heat mapping tools to improve stickiness and conversion rates for our client’s sites
- Participate in team concepting sessions, design jams, and prepare for client deliveries
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Web Director, and project team to explore concepts and iterate based on constructive feedback while thinking ahead to anticipate and solve challenges
Our creative team is fluent in
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- G Suite / Google Workspace
- Webflow or similar
What you’ve got
- 4+ years of experience as a Web Designer
- 2+ years experience working in Figma (or Sketch)
- A working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Some experience with low-code environments like Webflow is a major asset
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design modern websites that includes thinking around motion and interactions
- Intermediate skills in colour theory, typography, and composition skills
- A love of grid-based layout and an understanding of how to break it tastefully
- A passion for new technology and a desire to learn how things work
- The ability to communicate design decisions with solid rationale
An asset, but not required
- Experience with UI / UX or product design
- Illustration or graphic design skills
- Working knowledge of After Effects / Lottie
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why One Net?
Our small but mighty agency has been at work for 14 years with the name drops to prove it. Our office (and heart) is in Victoria, but our clients are international.
We’ve done work for companies like Lenovo, AppLovin, Uber, and Google, but we also love to work with innovative tech start-ups building a range of disruptive technology in AI, data science application security, video game software and hardware. See some of our work here.
We understand that COVID has presented unique challenges for how we connect and work together. Working from our small office is preferred, but optional. We have physical distancing and frequent sanitation in place to keep everyone safe.
One Net offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Annual education allowance
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Exciting clients
- Quarterly group activities / Annual retreat
- Bring your dog to work
- Downtown office location
- Remote working and flex hours
How to apply
Job Type: We are looking to fill a full-time employment position. We prefer that you work from our office in Victoria, BC, however, remote will be considered for the right candidate. One Net is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience where everyone is treated with respect.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Web Designer / Webflow Designer”. Include links to personal web projects in your cover letter and resume. Cover letters can be in the form of an email.
This position is for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign nationals with a valid Canadian work permit. One Net will not sponsor work or immigration visas at this time.
Are you a contractor (freelancer)?
One Net often hires value-added contractors (freelancers) in the areas of design, illustration, web development and video production. If you are a contractor interested in working with our agency, please send your resume and work examples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.